RECENTLY ADDED
Home > Latest News > Substandard electrical appliances responsible for the increase in fire outbreak in Lagos-LASG

Substandard electrical appliances responsible for the increase in fire outbreak in Lagos-LASG

[ad_1]

Lagos-State-GovernmenThe Lagos State Government has identified the influx of substandard electrical appliances into Lagos as one of the major causes of the increased rate of fire incident in the state. ‎

The Government in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Special Duties and Intergovernmental Relations, Oluseye Oladejo, said preliminary investigation by his office and the State Fire Service Director, Rasak Fadipe, revealed that installation of substandard electrical appliances in most cases trigger fire outbreaks, adding that all hands to be on deck to forestall future occurrences. The government called on the Standard Organization of Nigeria SON to rise of to its responsibility to check the standard of materials coming into the state.

The commissioner urged residents to be more vigilant and look out for only quality electrical appliances in the market as well as ensure that they patronise only qualified electricians to install same in their homes. He also urged Electricity Generation (Gencos) and Distribution Companies (Discos) to look into the power voltage made available to customers to prevent power surge resulting from high voltage which could cause fire outbreak. He said the state government will continue do everything within the confines of the law to ensure that lives and property of its citizenry are secured.

“The government is not in any way comfortable in the number of fire incidents that have occurred in the last few months and therefore government will not look the other way while this increase in fire disasters continues. People should be more proactive to make sure that they switch off electrical appliances when they are going to bed and when they are also leaving their offices. This will go a long way in reducing, if not totally eliminating the incidence of fire outbreaks in the state which has unfortunately led to the loss of lives and property in recent time. Fire outbreaks in our homes, markets and offices are totally unacceptable and we must do something about it,” he said.

Source : Gist Arena

[ad_2]
Source link

About Basil Ita

I’m Basil Ita Ekuson, a freelancer, a blogger with a passion for research. The owner of basilita.com. Basil Ita mainly addresses the needs of small business owners that want to maximize their online visibility via internet marketing specifically solo ads, blogging, content marketing, SEO, social media marketing, visual marketing and affiliate marketing. Via this particular blog, I share my thoughts on HOW TO related issues, and some TIPS. My goal is to help as many people as I can to live laptop fantasy lifestyle… Feel free to drop me a line or ask me a question!

Check Also

Shocking! Man Spotted Lifting A Heavy Trolley With His Teeth In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos)

[ad_1] A Facebook user shared the photo…could that be magic or what?.. The post Shocking! ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *