Former member of ‘Plantashun Boiz’, Ahmedu Augustine, aka Blackface, made headlines recently when he threatened to drag his former group member and friend, Innocent Idibia aka Tuface to court for allegedly stealing his song. Blackface has alleged Tuface’s ‘Let Somebody Love You’, one of the songs on his ‘Ascension’ album, was originally his song but Tuface stole it. Before you decide whose side you want to be, Agbosblog has put together everything you must know about the matter…
– Blackface, who once laid claim to Tuface’s African Queen took to his Twitter page on Monday to accuse Tuface of stealing his song, while also threatening to drag Tuface to court.
– Blackface in the tweets accused Tuface of killing the Plantashun Boiz brand and also tried killing his crew Trybunal by trying to sign RockSteady.
– Blackface in the series of tweets vehemently stated that he made Tuface and now Tuface is trying to destroy him.
– The song in question, ‘Let Somebody Love You’, was released by Tuface with Bridget Kelly, an American singer and songwriter from New York City, as part of his Ascension album in 2014.
– Speaking in an interview with Channels Television on January 28th, Tuface reacted to the allegations saying: ‘It’s unfortunate; I don’t know where it’s coming from; I’m trying to think of different reasons,” he said. “I thought his account was hacked but apparently, it wasn’t hacked.’
Plantashun Boiz was a Nigerian hiphop and RnB music group, with 2face Idibia, Faze and Blackface as members.
Source : Gist Arena